Springtime in Durango is a magical time and is the perfect spring break getaway for the whole family. We’ve highlighted six wonderful activities that our guests love to participate in while Staying at Blue Lake Ranch.
- Spring Skiing: It’s no secret that Colorado is heaven for spring skiers and snowboarders. What many fail to realize is that our snow sticks around well into the Spring, the days are warmer, and the lines are shorter making for perfect skiing conditions. Blue Lake Ranch is situated between Hesperus Ski Area and Purgatory Resort so you can choose your own adventure! Don’t forget, kids under 11 ski free!
- Downtown Durango: Powerhouse Science Center, Durango Rec Center, and Durango Fish Hatchery: In town Durango offers many activities perfect for the whole family. The Powerhouse Science Center has an array of activities to provide an educational and interactive experience for the whole family and sits on the banks of the Animas River. Our Rec Center in Durango is a perfect place to splash around, climb the rock wall, or careen down the giant slide into the pool. The Fish Hatchery is another educational experience for the children where they can feed the fish and learn about the trout and salmon raised right here in Durango!
- Outdoor Activities: Spring Break in Durango means the colder temperatures are giving way to warm days and blue skies perfect for hiking, biking, horseback riding, and fishing. Blue Lake Ranch is especially charming in the spring as our magnificent gardens will pop with thousands of daffodils, tulips, lilacs and flowering pear and crabapple trees. Blue Lake Ranch also offers amazing fishing opportunities for young and old alike, as well as easy access to the La Plata Mountains for hiking, biking, and jeep rides.
- The Durango Silverton Narrow Gauge Railroad: A 26-mile Spring train ride excursion to Cascade Canyon is a wonderful way to spend half of a day. The train leaves at 9:45 a.m. and returns at 2:45 p.m., making this a unique and memorable trip for the whole family where you get a peek into the Colorado backcountry that cannot be accessed any other way. Blue Lake Ranch offers a complimentary cheese platter and thermos of hot chocolate to any of our guests riding on the DSNGR.
- Dog Sledding in the Mountains: How many places in the world offer Dog Sled rides? Our neighbors do! We’ve partnered with Durango Dog Ranch to offer our guests a 15% off Sunset Dog Sled Ride in the snowy La Plata Mountains located minutes from our Bed & Breakfast, Blue Lake Ranch. This is a 2-hour trip, a five-star experience, and we will pack a backpack with wine and cheese for our guests to take on their adventure.
- Conundrum Escape Rooms: Escape the normal family vacation with Conundrum Escape Rooms, perfect for your older children. Escape rooms are an interactive mystery experience where you and your family work together to find your way out of the room by solving problems together, like a game of Clue. 60 minutes of problem solving is all you have to escape!
Call us at 970-385-4537 to book one of our larger family-friendly accommodations for your Spring Break Vacation.
The post 6 Things to do with Kids over Spring Break in Durango appeared first on Blue Lake Ranch.