Classic Deviled Eggs
A tray of classic deviled eggs is always a welcome sight at any party, picnic, or cookout.
Total Time: 25
Yield: 16 eggs
- 8 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely diced celery (optional)
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion (optional)
- Kosher or sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: paprika (optional)
Slice hard-boiled eggs in half lengthwise, carefully remove the yolks, and transfer to a bowl.
Using a fork or pastry blender, mash the yolks. Add mayonnaise, mustard, cayenne pepper, celery, onion, salt, and black pepper to taste.
Spoon filling into a zip-top bag, cut off a corner tip, then pipe into the egg white halves. Garnish with paprika if you like.
Chill and serve.