Recently, researchers began exploring the relationship between small accommodation providers, such as B&B operators, and the sharing accommodation site Airbnb.
Here are a few of the key findings from the study:
- B&B owners and operators seem to agree that the commission fees charged by online travel agents are becoming increasingly burdensome
- B&B owners are less likely to use OTAs as part of their distribution strategy when they learn they’re being charged higher fees than larger hotel chains
- B&B operators are becoming more interested in Airbnb and the benefits a connection with Airbnb can provide.
If you are a B&B operator who’s interested in connecting with Airbnb, it’s now easier than ever.
How to include Airbnb as part of your B&B distribution strategy
A recent partnership between Little Hotelier and Airbnb has made it quite simple for B&Bs to add the platform into their distribution mix. Little Hotelier and Airbnb have formed an integration in which Little Hotelier users can connect to Airbnb through the Little Hotelier channel manager.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Using the Little Hotelier channel manager, you can broadcast your live rates and availability of your Airbnb listing.
- There is an application form that all users must fill out, since Airbnb has specific criteria for what types of properties can be listed on their site. Not every user will receive approval from Airbnb. Existing users can apply now, while those who are currently participating in a free trial with Little Hotelier must also have another active online channel before they can apply to be listed on Airbnb.
The benefits of working with Airbnb
Some B&B operators are taking the view that Airbnb is no longer the competition, but rather a vital channel to utilise within a smart distribution strategy.
These are some possible benefits of working with Airbnb:
- You will gain access to new market segments who use Airbnb exclusively to find places to stay while they travel. In particular, the younger, tech-savvy travellers who have money to spend are attracted to the authentic local properties they can find on Airbnb. They believe accommodation listed on Airbnb will provide them with more cultural experiences, which is a priority for them.
- You will be able to increase your bookings. Airbnb is a valuable distribution partner, and small accommodation providers who connect with Airbnb often notice a boost in bookings.
- You will minimise the risk of overbooking your rooms when you use Little Hotelier to connect with Airbnb. Little Hotelier’s technology ensures all information is delivered in real time to prevent double bookings.
Little Hotelier is the only global all-in-one business solution that allows B&B operators to connect with Airbnb through its channel manager and can be an innovative way to improve your distribution strategy, while simultaneously increasing the efficiency at your B&B.
The IAA Bed & Breakfast Association helps new customers find your business. You can start enjoying the benefits today for free by either claiming your business listing on our site or you can create your new business listing.
The best part is that you can get started today for FREE!
Click the JOIN NOW button above or below to claim your FREE business listing or set up your FREE business listing.