You may or may not have heard that TripConnect now offers an Instant Booking option, so that you can offer your guests the ability to book with you directly through TripAdvisor.
Previously, TripAdvisor’s TripConnect only operated on a pay-per-click model (click here for more on how that works). Instant Booking is a new way to seamlessly generate instant reservations from guests, who can now book with you directly on the world’s largest travel site, TripAdvisor.
This is big news for small accommodation providers, as you will be able to leverage TripAdvisor’s massive reach and turn it into direct bookings.
How does TripConnect Instant Booking work?
TripAdvisor has come up with a simple and easy way for travelers to book your small property on their website. Once travelers find you on their search listing, they can browse your rates and availability and instantly click “Book on TripAdvisor”. It’s really that quick and easy.
The direct booking goes to you and you own the relationship with your guest from the very start! The booking details of each guest that makes a reservation with your small property on TripConnect Instant Booking goes directly to you.
How much does it cost?
TripAdvisor offers a pay-per-booking commission model for TripConnect Instant Booking, with a choice of two different rates, as traveler views occur.
A prospect guest view occurs when the “Book on TripAdvisor” button appears on your property’s search listing page.
The different rate options available are based on the views:
- 15% commission – your small property will get half of all “Book on TripAdvisor” traveler views and the bookings you receive from the views.
- 12% commission – your small property will get a quarter of all “Book on TripAdvisor” traveler views and the bookings you receive from the views.
The best part is, you only pay for the bookings that turn into stays! The commission only needs to be paid once guests leave your property, after their stay at your small hotel.
Some of the benefits of TripConnect Instant Booking:
- You are in full control of your rates and availability, at a lower cost.
- You own the guest relationship from the moment they start searching.
- You pay only for completed guest stays – using a simple pay-per-booking commission model. There is no up front investment.
- You can allow travelers to easily book your small property immediately.
- You are able to set it and forget it, it’s easy to set up and maintain.
For more information, watch TripAdvisor’s free webinar on TripConnect’s Instant Booking features, functions, and benefits.
And for more tips on improving your online distribution skills in 2015, download our free distribution ebook.